Welcome to Green Valley's Meat Department
Quality, freshness, savings, and great service! That's what you'll find everyday in our meat department. A lot of supermarkets will say that, but we back it up with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Years ago, home cooks trusted the neighborhood butcher to assist them with their selection. Just like the good old days, Green Valley does just that, and will also custom cut your order to your specifications.
Try Certified Angus Beef!
What makes Certified Angus Beef ® brand Prime the ultimate beef?
Quality, plain and simple. Only truly elite beef surpasses the USDA's stringent Prime standards, AND meets all 10 of the brand's quality specifications. Less than 1.5% of beef achieves the high standards of Certified Angus Beef ® brand Prime. And marbling is key to its incredible flavor and tenderness.
Certified Angus Beef is the World's first premium brand of beef known for producing beef with superior taste & tenderness. Since 1978, Certified Angus Beef was built on a promise of exceptional flavor, tenderness and juiciness. Certified Angus Beef had 10 exacting standards that other Angus beef doesn't have.
1. Modest or higher marbling - the key to flavor
2. Medium or fine marbling texture
3. A maturity from cattle harvested younger than 30 months of age
4. 10 to 16 square inch ribeye area - consistent sizing
5. 1,050 pound carcas weight or less
6. Less than 1 inch fat thickness
7. Superior muscling restricts the influence of dairy cattle
8. Practically free of capillary rupture ensures quality appearance
9. No dark cutter ensures consisten appareance and flavor
10. No neck hump excedding 2 inches
Only 3 in 10 Angus cattle meet Certified Angus Beef's brand of high standards.
Don't settle for just any Angus beef, look for the Certified Angus Beef Logo!
Our professional meat cutters are knowledgeable and experienced, and they've got tips galore to make your meal planning easier. Whether you choose beef, poultry, or pork, you can trust that you will be buying fresh USDA-certified products. Our meats are cut and packaged daily, unlike some other retailers who sell meat that was processed hundreds of miles away using preservatives, water-based solutions, and vacuum or gas packaging to extend the shelf life. Be sure to read the label to know what you are paying for, and what you are really putting on your family's table.
Be sure to try our ground beef. Our beef is ground several times a day to insure you are getting the freshest product possible. Check out our organic and natural lines of product. Look for local products such as Roseda beef from nearby Monkton, MD, and Roma sausage from Baltimore, among others. Be sure you try to the Old Bay Roma sausage... it's like a sausage crab feast all year round. Try our marinated chicken specials too. Wonderfully tasty.
As part of our Eat Right Live Well program, we haved added a large assortment of Organic, Natural & Grass-Fed meats!
Introducing Bell & Evans, Air Chilled, Organic Chicken!
Bell & Evans 100% Air Chilled method eliminates the need for chlorinated ice water, so the chicken’s natural juices never get diluted or replaced!
- Better flavor
- More tender meat
- No added water or chlorine
- Reduced human handling
- Less environmental waste
Chairman's Reserve Prime Pork
- Master Chefs Seal of Excellence
- Hand Selected for ensuring standards: Lean Trim, Consistent Color, Consistent Marbling and PH Levels
- 25% more tender than other leading brands
- No Added Solution
- Fork Tender & Juicy with every bite!