Healthy Tips you need to see!
Chocolate Face Mask
- 2 TBSP Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 TBSP Yogurt
- 1 tsp Raw Honey
- 1/4 Banana
1. Mash the banana with a fork, then add the rest of the ingredients.
2. Generously apply the chocolate mixture to the face and neck.
3. After 10-20 minutes, wash the face mask off.
Skin Benefits of Raw Cacao:
Cacao powder is really the star of the show here. The nutritional powerhouse is high in antioxidants, magnesium, selenium, manganese, zinc, copper, potassium, phosphorous, iron, calcium, pantothenic acid, folate, B6, nicain, and riboflavin. These minerals and other components work together to prevent skin cell damage and repair damaged skin.
Skin Benefits of Banana:
Chocolate and banana taste great together, but they also play well together in a face mask. Banans are high in vitamin C, B6, folate, riboflavin, magnesium, potassium, manganese, and niacin.
Skin Benefits of Yogurt:
Grass-fed yogurt has a different nitritional profil than conventional, grain-fed yogurt, making it the ideal choise for consumption and this face mask. Yogurt is also rich in probiotics, calcium, vitamins A and D, B12, B2, and phosphorous.
Skin Benefits of Raw Honey:
I frequently wash my skin with raw honey for its skin-soothing benefits. Raw honey is naturally antibacterial, making it great for asne-prone skin types. This sticky substance is anti-inflammatory, helps heal blemishes, balances pH, and cleanses proes. It's highly moisturizing and combats the signs of aging skin by increasing firmness and decreasing skin imperfections.
DIY Yarrow Tin/Beginning Herbalist
- Mix 1 ounce dried yarrow with 5 ounces of 80 proof or higher alchohol and allow it to infuse for six to eight weeks. Strain and store in a dark glass dropper bottle.
To Reduce a Fever:
Yarrow is a diaphoretic herb which means it stimulates the body's pores to open allowing heat to escape via sweating. The next time you have a high fever and you want to safely reduce it to a more comfortable level without taking it completely away, try taking a little yarrow tincture in some hot water every 30 minutes or so.
Cleanse a Wound:
Yarrow is a well-known herb for wounds thanks to its antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, astringent, and analgesic actions. The next time you have a cut, scrape, bite, or puncture, dilute some yarrow tincture in some water and use it to wash the wound well before applying other herbal remedies that promote wound healing.
*Warning* Don't use if you are pregnant/ breastfeeding or allergic to any member of the aster family (chrysanthemums, ragweed, daisies are some examples)
Ginger Honey Syrup
Ginger Honey Syrup is warming and naturally effective for cold and flus!
- 3 inch rhizome of the ginger, no peal, slice thin
- Raw Honey
- Thinly cut ginger
- Lay evenly in a pan
- Cover with honey just enough to barely cover the ginger
- Warm up on stovetop at lowest possible heat
- Cover pan and let it sit for 20-30 mins
- Once it's cool, strain ginger if you want or leave in
- When you have a cold or the flu or feel one coming on, take a tablespoon a few times a day or put it in your favorite winter time tea
Manuka Honey is a sought after superfood for many good reasons:
- Heals minor cuts and burns
- Helps soothe coughs and commnon cold symptoms
- Helps people with acute sinus problems
- Contains compounds that helps with digestion
- Has a lower glycemic index than other natural sweeteners
- Helps skin tone
The single best way to know if a Manuka Honey is genuine is to make sure the label says "Packed in New Zealand" or carries the Fernmark Seal on the package. The Fernmark Seal guarantess that the product was produced and packed in New Zealand, is authentic and meets Manuka Honey standards.
It's Fire Cider Season, a great time to arm our Immune System with healthy herbs that support our bodies and fight germs.
- If you are feeling you are getting the cold or flu, it has been advised to take 1 tablespoon 3 times a day
- As a tonic, you can take 1 tablespoon daily to boost your immune system and to prevent you from getting sick
- For people who don't like it hot and spicy, you can try one with added honey and that should balance the spiciness
- Fire Cider can be enjoyed by itself or can be added to salads or other foods as long as it's not used to cook with or exposed to any heat. In general, fermented foods are best consumed cold because that's when they keep their healing properties and health benefits.
Fire Cider is made from immune boosting herbs and roots such as:
Garlic: Has a broad-spectrum antimicrobial and antibacterial properties and is an excellent aid for fighting infection. It also produces a heat that helps lower cholesterol.
Horseradish: The number one herb for combating sinus congestion and headaches. It clears your sinuses beter than anything; even when you're just grating it, by the time you're done, your sinuses are wide open.
Ginger: A warming circulatory herb that's wonderful for digestion. It also helps fight infection and is good for nausea.
Onions: Similar properties to garlic and are also good for colds and flus.
Apple Cider Vinegar: A great digestive aid.
Try out Fire Cider today!
Go BACK to Eat Right. Live Well