Healthy Tips you need to see!
It's Fire Cider Season, a great time to arm our Immune System with healthy herbs that support our bodies and fight germs.
- If you are feeling you are getting the cold or flu, it has been advised to take 1 tablespoon 3 times a day
- As a tonic, you can take 1 tablespoon daily to boost your immune system and to prevent you from getting sick
- For people who don't like it hot and spicy, you can try one with added honey and that should balance the spiciness
- Fire Cider can be enjoyed by itself or can be added to salads or other foods as long as it's not used to cook with or exposed to any heat. In general, fermented foods are best consumed cold because that's when they keep their healing properties and health benefits.
Fire Cider is made from immune boosting herbs and roots such as:
Garlic: Has a broad-spectrum antimicrobial and antibacterial properties and is an excellent aid for fighting infection. It also produces a heat that helps lower cholesterol.
Horseradish: The number one herb for combating sinus congestion and headaches. It clears your sinuses beter than anything; even when you're just grating it, by the time you're done, your sinuses are wide open.
Ginger: A warming circulatory herb that's wonderful for digestion. It also helps fight infection and is good for nausea.
Onions: Similar properties to garlic and are also good for colds and flus.
Apple Cider Vinegar: A great digestive aid.
Try out Fire Cider today!
Washing your Bees Wrap Sandwich Bag
1. Wash your Bee's Wrap in cool water with a mild dish soap (Avoid sources of heat, such as hot water and microwaves).
2. Air dry, fold and store in a drawer or in a basket on the counter. The beeswax and jojoba oil have antibacterial qualities that help to keep your food fresh and allow you to use the Bee's Wrap again and again!
Under-Eye Brightening Serum
- 5 ml dark glass dropper bottle
- 4 ml prickly pear seed oil
- 2 drops organic, cold-pressed rose-hip carrier oil
Before bed, drop a few drops on your finger and gently apply it around your eye (don't forget the crows-feet too!) Make sure to not get this in your eyes. A little goes a long way with this serum.
*Rose-hip carrier oil is a known anti-inflammatory and has the effect to rejuvenate skin, help with swelling, inflammation and bolster capillaries. Anyone with eye wrinkles, circles, swelling- this will be a warm welcome that has the ability to replace all your other expensive high end treatments*
Our mouths turn into bacteria incubators at night. This warm, moist and dark environment allow for bacteria to multiply like crazy. The next morning, unless this bacterial growth is removed, it's swallowed with that first sip of liquid. So, before you reach for that toothbrush, grab your tongue scraper first. Remove the toxins then start to clean.
- Removes bacteria, undigested food, toxins, dead cells
- Lessens bad breath
- Cleans your taste buds, improves taste and eliminates the need to use salt, sugar, etc.
- Stimulates digestive fire
- Improves saliva production
- Boosts immunity by preventing the reabsorption of toxins
- Helps whiten teeth
- Increases your awareness of your state of health
- Supports oral health
Apple Cider Vinegar Scalp Scrub
- 1/4 cup Himalayan Pink Salt, ground
- 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cocnut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon Manuka Honey
- 15 drops essential oil of your choosing
1. If you can only find coarse sea salt, grind about 1/2 cup salt in a clean coffee grinder until you have a semi-fine texture (a few coarse pieces are okay)
2. Combine everything in a small bowl and stir. Transfer to an airtight container.
3. To use, wet your hair and gently scrub a tablespoon sized amount into your scalp using your fingertips (don't expect the scrub to foam like soap). Let is sit for 5-10 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
Go BACK to Eat Right. Live Well