Healthy Tips you need to see!
Kokum Butter is hard and brittle like Cocoa Butter, but melts faster than Cocoa Butter. It's white and unscented like Mango Butter, but it's harder than Mango Butter. It's non-comedogenic and won't clog your pores! It's also vegan and gluten free! Kokum Butter is extracted from the seeds of the fruit of an Indian tree called Garcinia Indica.
Here are some Do It Yourself tips when using Kokum Butter!
Make an easy balm: 2 oz. beeswax + 2 oz. Kokum Butter + 2 oz. apricot oil + 12 drops of essentail oils.
Whip it into a moisturizing Body Butter: 2 oz Kokum Butter + 4 oz. Shea Butter + 4 oz. jojoba oil + 20 drops of essentail oils.
Experiment with it in your Cold Processed Soap: Use 5-10% of Kokum Butter to create a firm soap.
Ailment list with corresponding Essential Oils
Analgesic: Reduces pain sensation: Basil, Bay Laurel, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cardamom, German Chamomile, Eucalyptus Radiata, Fennel, Fir, Geranium, Ginger, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Lemongrass, Majoram, Niaoulia, Peppermint, Rosemary, Tea Tree
Antidepressant: Lifts the mood. Alleviates depression: Basil, Bergamot, Clary Sage, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Orange, Patchouli, Rose, Rosemary, Ylang Ylang
Anti Inflammatory: Helps to reduce and prevent inflammation: Basil, German Chamomile, Helichrysum, Fennel, Geranium, Lavender, Litsea Cubeba, Niaouli, Patchouli, Peppermint, Rosemary, Rose, Spearmint, Tea Tree
Decongestant: Reduces or relieves congestion: German Chamomile, Clary Sage, Eucalyptus, Fennel, Geranium, Grapefruit, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Lemon, Mandarin, Marjoam, Niaouli, Orange, Patchouli, Peppermintm Rosemary, Rose
Cephalic: Stimulates and clears the mind: Basil, Cardamom, Peppermint, Rosemary, Spearmint
Calming: Produces a sudative or tranquilizing effect: Basil, Clary Sage, Geranium, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Lemon, Marjoram
Antirheumatic: Can relieve rheumatic problems: Black Pepper, German Chamomil, Eucalyptus, Ginger, Juniper Berry, Lemon, Marjoram, Pine, Rosemary, Thyme
Digestive: Aids the digestion of food: Basil, Bay Laurel, Cardomom, German Chamomile, Helichrysum, Fennel, Lavender, Mandarin, Marjoram, Niaouli, Orange, Peppermint, Rosemary, Rose
Diuretic: Promotes the removal of excess water fom the water: Cardomom, Cedarwood, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Helichrysum, Fennel, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Mandarin, Patchouli, Pine, Rosemary, Thyme
*Visit our stores for an extensive variety of Essential Oils!*
Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar Tips
Make an Early Morning Health Tonic:
Easily the most popular way to integrate ACV into your daily health routine is to drink it first thing in the morning. By simply mixing 1 to 2 tablespoons of raw ACV in a glass of water and drinking it down helps to simultaneously re-hydrate and nourish your cells, providing an instant energy boost and gearing you up for a great day ahead!
Simple Tricks to keep you on track!
1. Mix up your ACV health tonic the night before and leave it on your nightstand so there's no excuse to avoid drinking it when you wake up!
2. Add a little honey!
3. Take a tablespoon in the morning and another before your heaviest meal to stimulate your metabolism!
DIY Essential Oil Inhaler
- Portable– Just toss an inhaler in your purse or travel bag and your good to go. They’re lightweight and small (about the size of a lipstick).
- Effective– Inhalation is one of the most effective ways to get all the great therapeutic benefits of essential oils.
- Economical– Inhalers cost less than a dollar each, only take 15 drops of essential oils, and they can last for a month or longer.
- Don’t affect others around you– Diffusers are wonderful, but when you want to use an essential oil that isn’t safe for or liked by those around you, a personal inhaler is a great alternative.
Essential oil inhalers are small containers usually made of plastic. Inhalers have several parts:
- Cotton wick– This is what holds the essential oil inside the inhaler
- Inhaler tube– The wick goes inside this tube. There are holes at the top and bottom of the tube to allow air to flow in and then out with the aroma of the essential oil.
- Cap– The cap goes on the bottom of the inhaler to hold the wick inside the tube. The cap can be removed so that the wick can be replaced or replenished with essential oils when the aroma wears off.
- Cover– The cover slides over the inhaler tube. When you’re ready to use inhaler, simply remove the cover and place inhaler close to your nose and inhale deeply.
- Step 1: Add 15 drops of essential oil to glass plate or bowl
- Step 2:Use tweezers roll cotton wick around to absorb all the essential oils
- Step 3: Put wick in inhaler
- Step 4: Put cap in the bottom of inhaler and make sure it is tightly sealed
- Step 5: Put cover on the inhaler and enjoy!
Live Kombucha Soda
- Antioxidant activity that is 100 times higher than vitamin C and 25 times higher than vitamin E. There is also evidence that it can potentiate the antioxidant and detoxification properties of your body's own master antioxidant, glutathione.
- Promotes gastrointestinal tract (GI) health. It has been shown to aid digestion and also to help prevent damage to the mucosal lining of the GI tract as well as promote healing of existing ulcerations.
- Helps prevent weight gain.
- Helps regulate blood sugar levels and may help prevent the onset of type 2 diabetes.
- May help protect the kidneys from damage due to things like environmental pollutants.
- May help prevent the formation of kidney stones.
- Can help regulate blood lipid levels (cholesterol).
- Can lower blood pressure (hypertension)
- Improves absorption of iron and may prevent anemia.
Go BACK to Eat Right. Live Well