Healthy Tips you need to see!
DIY Shaving Cream
- 1/3 cup shea butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond oil
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil
- 15-20 drops essential oils
- 2 tbsp castile soap
1. Combine shea butter and coconut oil in a pan over low heat. Melt and stir together. Then add almond oil and essential oils and stir until combined.
2. You can use whatever essential oils you prefer or your castile soap might already have a scent.
3. Tansffer micture to a moxing bowl and place it in the fridge to cool and harden. Once the mixture is solid, pull it out and whip it up.
4. Whip the solid mixture with a stand mixer or hand mixer until it becomes light and fluffy. If your mixture is very cold, you may want to let it set out on the counter to warm up and soften just a bit to make the whipping easier.
5. Add the castile soap and whip up again until everything is combined. At this point, the mixture will be a little less light and fluffy, but still a great shaving cream mixture.
6. Store the shaving cream in a clean glass jar in a cool, dry place.
Homemade Herbal Shampoo
- 8 oz. water
- 3 oz. Liquid Castille Soap
- 1-2 TBSP dried organic herbs of choice (see list below)
- 20-60 drops essential oil (see list below)
- 1/4 tsp organic Jojoba or Olive Oil (adjust as needed-use more for dry hair or may omit for oily hair)
- Make an herbal infusion by pouring boiling water over the herbs, cover and allow them to steep for at least 4 hours. Strain the herbs out and pour the reserved liquid into a bottle, then add Castille soap and oils. Your herbal shampoo is now ready to use! Always shake well before use since the contents will naturall seperate.
Herbs for Hair Care:
Normal Hair: Basil, Calendula, Chamomile, Horsetail, Lavender, Linden Flowers, Nettle, Parsley Leaf, Rosemary, Sage, Watercress.
Dry hair and Scalp: Burdock root, Calendula, Chamomile, Comfrey, Elder Flowers, Horsetail, Lavender, Marshmallow Root, Nettle, Parsley Leaf, Sage.
Oily Hair and Scalp: Bay leaf, Burdock root, Calendula, Chamomile, Horsetail, Lemon Balm, Lavender, Lemon peel, Lemongrass, Nettle, Peppermint, Rosemary, Thyme, Witch Hazel Bark, Yarrow leaf and flower.
Scalp Conditions: Burdock root, Valndual, Chamomile, Comfrey leaf, Eucalyptus, Horsetail, Lavender, Marshmallow root, Nettle, Oregano, Peppermint, Rosemary, Sage, Thyme.
General Health: Basil, Nettle, Rosemary, Sage
Golden Highlights: Calendula, Chamomile, Lemon, Sunflower petals.
Dark Highlights: Black Tea, Black Walnut Hulls (crushed or chopped), Comfrey root, Nettle, Rosemary, Sage.
Red Highlights: Calendula, Henna, Hibiscus flowers, Red Clover flowers, Rose hips, Red Rose petals.
Essentail Oils for Hair Care:
Normal Hair: Carrot seed, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Clary Sage, Cypress, Geranium, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Orange, Rosemary, Sage, Sandalwood, Thyme, Ylang Ylang
Dry Hair: Carrot seed, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Clary Sage, Geranium, Jasmine, LAvender, Orange, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang
Oily Hair: Basil, Bergamot, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Clary Sage, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Orange, Peppermint, Rosemary, Sage, Tea Tree, Thyme, Ylang Ylang
Scalp Conditions: Cedarwood, Chamomile, Clary Sage, Cypress, Lavender, Lemon, Majoram, Myrrh, Orange, Patchoulia, Rose, Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, Tea Tree, Ylang Ylang.
General Health: Basil, Cypress, Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, Ylang Ylang.
Floral Roll On Perfume (Comforting Rose Blend)
- Rose Petals
- Almond oil or fractioned coconut oil
- 6 drops geranium essential oil or rose absolute
- 4 drops douglas fir essential oil
- 2 drops frankincense essential oil
- 2 drops sandalwood essential oil
1. Insert rose petals into a 10 ml bottle
2. Using a small funnel, fill the bottle with carrier oil of choice, leaving about 1/4 inch of space at top
3. Add desired essential oils
4. If space remains, top with carrier oil to fill bottle
5. Snap roller ball lid onto bottle. Roll bottle between palms to evenly mix oils
6. Apply to the inside of wrists, behing ears and over the heart
Better Shea Butter's Rosehip Seed Oil
Beneficial Nutrients in Rosehip Seed Oil:
- This oil is very high in Vitamins A & C. Vitamin A is a natural retinol, which helps with cell turnover. Vitamin C is great for protecting the skin against free redicals and aiding in collagen production.
- If your face is prone to inflammation, rest easy using this oil. It has many anti-inflammatory properties that feel incredibly healing on the face. This oil is high in fatty acids, which the skin loves.
Uses for Rosehip Seed Oil:
1. Skincare: Use it alone or on top of moisturizer and let it sink in before getting to sleep
2. Hair and Lip Serums: Adds a nutrient-dense packed punch to whatever you are whipping up
3. For DIY lotions, body butters and balms: Rosehip Seed Oil makes for a wonderful carrier oil.
Go BACK to Eat Right. Live Well