Healthy Tips you need to see!
How To Make Rosewater
- Organic Roses
- Distilled Water
- Remove petals from stems and run them under luke-warm water to remove and leftover residue
- Add petals to a large pot and top with enough distilled water to just cover
- Over medium-heat bring the water to a simmer and cover
- Let simmer for 20-30 minutes or until petals have lost their color and are a pale pink
- Strain the mixture to seperate the petals from the water
- Discard petals and place water in a glass jar to store
Increase your Digestive Fire!
- Organic Ginger
- Organic Lemons
- Himalayan Salt
1. Squeeze 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice into a small glass container
2. Cut up a knob of fresh ginger into thin 1-inch strips and add to the juice. No need to peel, just wash before you cut.
3. Add 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan Salt, then stir.
*Keep them refrigerated, and eat one to two pieces of the soaked fresh ginger before each meal. The best way to really detox your gut is to do this before each meal to increase your digestive fire so you accumulate fewer toxins and burn off the ones that have accumulated.*
How to Make Sole:
- A glass jar (wide-mouth mason jar)
- A plastic or non-metal lid
- 1-2 cups of Himalayan Salt (Himalayan Pink Rock Salt contains a whopping 84 live minerals, which is exactly the same as found in the human body)
- Filtered Water
1. Fill the jar about 1/4 of the way with Himalayan Salt
2. Add filtered water to fill the jar, leaving about an inch at the top
3. Put on the plastic lid and shake the jar gently
4. Leave on the counter overnight to let the salt dissolve
5. The next day, if there is still some salt on the bottom of the jar, the water has absorbed its maximum amount of salt and the Sole is ready to be used.
6. If all of the salt is absorbed, add more salt and continue doing so each day until some remains. This means that the water is fully saturated with the salt.
How to use Sole:
- Make the mixture as above and store at room temperature. It will last indefinitely as salt is naturally anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. More water and salt can be added as needed to keep up the amount in the jar.
- To drink, add 1 tsp to a glass of water each morning before eating or drinking anything else. Do not add more, especially starting off. If this causes a detox reaction
To use: Mix 1 tsp of the Sole in to a glass of water and consumer every morning on an empty stomach. Do not use a metal utensil to measure or touch the Sole with any metal object.
Chocolate Face Mask
- 2 TBSP Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 TBSP Yogurt
- 1 tsp Raw Honey
- 1/4 Banana
1. Mash the banana with a fork, then add the rest of the ingredients.
2. Generously apply the chocolate mixture to the face and neck.
3. After 10-20 minutes, wash the face mask off.
Skin Benefits of Raw Cacao:
Cacao powder is really the star of the show here. The nutritional powerhouse is high in antioxidants, magnesium, selenium, manganese, zinc, copper, potassium, phosphorous, iron, calcium, pantothenic acid, folate, B6, nicain, and riboflavin. These minerals and other components work together to prevent skin cell damage and repair damaged skin.
Skin Benefits of Banana:
Chocolate and banana taste great together, but they also play well together in a face mask. Banans are high in vitamin C, B6, folate, riboflavin, magnesium, potassium, manganese, and niacin.
Skin Benefits of Yogurt:
Grass-fed yogurt has a different nitritional profil than conventional, grain-fed yogurt, making it the ideal choise for consumption and this face mask. Yogurt is also rich in probiotics, calcium, vitamins A and D, B12, B2, and phosphorous.
Skin Benefits of Raw Honey:
I frequently wash my skin with raw honey for its skin-soothing benefits. Raw honey is naturally antibacterial, making it great for asne-prone skin types. This sticky substance is anti-inflammatory, helps heal blemishes, balances pH, and cleanses proes. It's highly moisturizing and combats the signs of aging skin by increasing firmness and decreasing skin imperfections.
DIY Yarrow Tin/Beginning Herbalist
- Mix 1 ounce dried yarrow with 5 ounces of 80 proof or higher alchohol and allow it to infuse for six to eight weeks. Strain and store in a dark glass dropper bottle.
To Reduce a Fever:
Yarrow is a diaphoretic herb which means it stimulates the body's pores to open allowing heat to escape via sweating. The next time you have a high fever and you want to safely reduce it to a more comfortable level without taking it completely away, try taking a little yarrow tincture in some hot water every 30 minutes or so.
Cleanse a Wound:
Yarrow is a well-known herb for wounds thanks to its antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, astringent, and analgesic actions. The next time you have a cut, scrape, bite, or puncture, dilute some yarrow tincture in some water and use it to wash the wound well before applying other herbal remedies that promote wound healing.
*Warning* Don't use if you are pregnant/ breastfeeding or allergic to any member of the aster family (chrysanthemums, ragweed, daisies are some examples)
Go BACK to Eat Right. Live Well