Try out these Eat Right. Live Well recipes!
Iced Turmeric Lemonade Recipe
(posted 5/ 29)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups ice
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint or basil, muddle
- 3 freshly squeezed lemons
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or more to taste)
- One or two grinds fresh cracked pepper
- Muddle mint/basil using a mortar and pestle. Otherwise, rough chop it to the point that the aroma of the mint/basil is released.
- Place it in the bottom of your pitcher. Blend the remainder of the ingredients in a blender. - Pour the fresh juice into your pitcher. Pour into cups over ice and garnish with a fresh sprig of mint and a lemon wedge!
Spring Green Power Juice
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 bulb of fennel
- 5 romaine leaves
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 green apple
- 1/2 green pear
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2-inch pinch of ginger root
- 1/4-inch piece turmeric root (optional)
1. Run all ingredients through a blender or juicer, one piece at a time.
2. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- Use organic when possible, and if your cucumber is not organic, be sure to peel it before using.
- If you use a blender instead of juicer, strain before drinking.
Taco Mason Jar Salad Recipe (paleo, high protein, super simple and low carb)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 8 ounces chicken breast (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 cups large carrots (sliced)
- 1 large red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 cup large onion (roughly chopped, about 1/2)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons cumin seed (not the powder)
- Add salt
- 1 large avocado
- 1 large lime juiced
- 1 cup salsa of choice
- 2 cups roma tomatoes (chopped, about 1)
- 1/2 cup cucumber (chopped, about 1)
- 1/2 cilantro (roughly chopped)
- Add fresh spinach
- 2 quarts wide-mout sized mason jars
1. Heat 1/2 Tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken breast until golden brown, and no longer pink on the outside. Set aside in a small bowl.
2. Add the remaining 1/2 Tbsp olive oil into pan turn to medium/high heat. Cook the carrots until they begin to just soften, about 3 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium and add in the pepper, onion and garlic. Cook until soft and the outsides begin to look charred.
3. While the veggies cook, place the cumin seeds in a small, dry pan over medium/high heat and toast them, stirring frequently until golden brown and fragnant, about 2-minutes. Transfer them to a cutting board and crush. I use the bottom of a glass, which works really well.
4. Add the crushed seeds into the pan with the veggies and season with salt. Mix well and turn off the heat.
5. Scoop the avocado and the lime juice into a small food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. You can also just mash them toether in a bowl if you wish.
- Place 1/2 cup of salsa in the bottom of each jar, spreading evenly. Divide the avocado/lime mixture on top, gently spreading out. Then, divide the cumin roasted veggies, followed by the chicken. You may need to lightly pack everything in to get it all to fit.
- After the chicken, place the chopped tomatoes, and then the cucumbers. Finish off by dividing the cilantro and then as much spinach as you can stuff in there!
- Seal and refrigerate until ready to devour.
Smashed Chickpea & Avocado Salad Sandwich
Dark Chocolate Protein Almond Butter Cups
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 scoops of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Flaky sea salt
1. Place almond butter, cinnamon and collagen into a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside
2. Melt chocolate by your preferred method
3. Use a teaspoon to drizzle some melted chocolate into a chocolate mold and spread to coat evenly. ( Don't use all your chocolate, save about 1/4 of it to spread on top once the chocolate cups are filled)
4. Place your chocolate cups in the fridge or freezer for 5-10 minutes to set.
5. Remove your chocolate cups from the fridge or freezer. Fill each chocolate cup with a spoonful of almond butter. Then use the back of your spoon to carefully smooth out the top and firmly but gently press the filling down into the chocolate cups.
6. Once all your cups are filled, top with a little extra chocolate. Smooth if all the way to the edges so the filling is completely covered then sprinkle with salt and place them back into the fridge (or freezer) to set.
Go BACK to Eat Right. Live Well