Try out these Eat Right. Live Well recipes!
Smashed Chickpea & Avocado Salad Sandwich
Dark Chocolate Protein Almond Butter Cups
Coconut Chicken Curry (Dairy-Free/Paleo/Keto)
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 TBSP curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 oz tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 TBSP maple syrup (or coconut sugar)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 14 oz. can coconut milk
1. Turn the Instant Pot on sauté.
2. Add the coconut oil and chopped onion and cook for 2 monutes until starting to soften.
3. Pour in the chicken broth and scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
4. Add the curry powder, garlic, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and maple syrup and mix well.
5. Add the chicken and stir to coat.
6. Put the lid on the pot, set valve to seal, and select "Poultry" or use manual setting and set timer for 10 minutes.
7. When finished, let pressure release naturally until the lid unlocks.
8. Remove the chicken and shred with two forks before returning to the Instant Pot.
9. Stir in the coconut milk until warmed through.
10. Wait 5 minutes before serving, then serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
Zesty Chili Lime Tacos/KETO Friendly
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large lime (juice reserved)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 small roma tomato
- 1/3 cup cilantro (roughly chopped)
- 2/3 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cuminand garlic. Saute until the meat is golden brown.
2. Stir in lime juice and set aside to cool.
3. Make taco cups by adding cooked 1-2 tablespoons taco mixture, chopped tomatoes, chopped avocado and cheese to romaine or butter lettuce leaves.
4. Garnish with clantro, about 1 tablespoon of cheese, and sour cream if desired.
Sweet & Salty KETO Trail Mix
- 1/2 cup each raw walnuts, almonds and pecans
- 1/2 cup each raw pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup or less raw honey
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (sweetened with apple juice)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Roughly chop nuts and mix with seeds, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spread on a cookie sheet or rimmed baking pan lined with parchment paper, and sprinkle with half of the salt.
3. Toast in the oven for 2-5 minutes, stirring occasionally to be sure the nuts and seeds are merely toasted, not burned (keep a watchful eye). Enjoy!
Go BACK to Eat Right. Live Well