Try out these Eat Right. Live Well recipes!
Crispy Turmeric Cauliflower
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the cauliflower.
2. Cook them for about 5 minutes, remove, place on a paper towel until they are dry, then place in a large bowl.
3. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
4. Sprinkle the cauliflower florets with turmeric, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Toss to make sure they are well coated.
5. Add the cauliflower to the skillet and fry them until for about 4-5 minutes. Remove them from skillet and serve immediately.
3 Ingredient No Bake Paleo Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter can use any nut or seed butter
- 1/2 cup sticky sweetener of choise (monk fruit and maple syrup are good choices)
1. Line a large plate or tray with parchment paper and set aside
2. On stovetop, add your peanut butter and sticky sweetener and melt until combined. Add your coconut flour and mix until a thick batter remains.
3. Using your hands, form small balls and place on the lined plate or tray. Press each ball into a flat cookie shape, using a fork to cross either side. Refrigerate until firm and fudgy.
- These should be kept refrigerated, but are also freezer friendly.
- If your batter is too thin, continue adding coconut flour until desired thickness is achieved.
- For an ultra-gooey abd fudgy peanut butter no bake cookie, enjoy at room temperature.
Chickpea Vegan Nuggets
- 1 can or pouch of chickpeas
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour
- Salt (to season)
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1 tsp mixed Italian herbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut oil for frying
1. Add everything to the food processor and pulse together. You might need to stir with a spoon part way through to ensure the mixture is evenly combined.
2. Form into little nugget shapes and pop into the fridge.
3. Heat the coconut oil in a pan and fry the nuggets
4. Serve with your favorite dip!
Tuna Avocado Salad
- 1 can Wild Planet Skipjack Tuna
- 1/4 cup bok choy, chopped
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayo mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large avocado
1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix
2. Cut a large avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit
3. Add a scopp of the tuna salad into the avocado. Garnish with optional jalapeno slices
Crispy Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon, cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degress and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Pat chickpeas dry.
3. Mix chickpeas, oil, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt/pepper in a small bowl.
4. Spread chickpeas on prepared baking sheet evenly so they aren't touching as much as possible.
5. Roast for 30 minutes.
6. Turn heat off, and keep chickpeas in the oven until cool or enjoy while warm.
7. Store chickpeas in an airtight container or jar for up to a week.
Go BACK to Eat Right. Live Well